Brazilian Cheese Bread
"These yummy gluten/wheat free breads are good for those with Celiac disease or gluten intolerance. These are good either served plain, or with marinara sauce. For more variety, try adding a variety of herb seasonings, such as Italian seasoning or try substituting other cheeses for the Parmesan."
- 1/2 cup olive oil or butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup milk or soy milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups tapioca flour (can be found in bulk section in Central Market or any Asian supermarket)
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pour olive oil, water, milk, and salt into a large saucepan, and place over high heat. When the mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat immediately, and stir in tapioca flour until smooth. Set aside to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir the cheese and egg into the tapioca mixture until well combined, the mixture will be chunky like cottage cheese. Drop rounded, 1/4 cup-sized balls of the mixture onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the tops are lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.